Chicken Kyiv Pizza
As we always say, we absolutely love pizza for providing us with unlimited potential for experimentation and creativity. Today we’re combining two of our favourite comfort foods, we present the Chicken Kiev Pizza!
This pizza features slices of homemade (mouthwatering) chicken kyiv, a chili garlic butter sauce, along with fresh watercress as a garnish. The slices of chicken kyiv with garlic butter and herbs make for one of the most delicious and indulgent toppings we’ve come across. The chili garlic butter sauce provides wonderful texture and aroma, while the watercress garnish provides a fresh, peppery contrast.
Remember, it’s all about balance, and with the right balance, anything can work on your pie!
Chicken Kyiv Pizza
- Outdoor Pizza Oven, Pizza Steel, or Stone (if using a home oven)
- 1 frying pan
- 1 Pizza Peel
- 1 wooden chopping board or peel for prep and serving
- 1 pizza dough ball
- 1 chicken kyiv
- Fresh mozzarella cheese
- Grana Padano cheese
- Aged cheddar cheese
- Chilli flakes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp butter
- Prepare Dough: Follow any of our dough recipes. You will need to prepare the dough at least 24 hours ahead of time.
- Prepare Cheese: Place your fresh mozzarella in a container or bowl with a paper towel at the bottom to allow some of the water to drain. Tear both the fresh mozzarella and aged cheddar cheeses into medium-sized pieces. Finely grate grana padano. Set aside.
- Prepare Chicken Kyiv: Next move is to prepare your chicken kyiv. If you're keen to go the homemade route, we followed this recipe pretty closely, and the results were great. Once cooked, cut into slices, set aside.
- Prepare Chilli Butter Garlic Sauce: Now for the chilli garlic butter sauce. Heat a small pan over medium heat. Add the butter until melted. Crush the garlic cloves, and add to the pan, along with ½ tsp of chilli flakes for 60 – 90 seconds. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat Oven:If using an outdoor pizza like an Ooni pizza oven, aim for a temperature of 450-500°C at the center of your pizza stone. Use an infrared thermometer to ensure accuracy. It should take around 25-30 minutes to reach temperature.For a home oven, using a pizza steel or stone, place the stone or steel inside the oven and preheat to the highest temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare Base: On a lightly floured surface, stretch out the dough by hand according to the steps outlined in our dough recipe. Once you're happy with the shape of the base, lightly dust your pizza peel and transfer the dough onto the peel.
- Assemble Pizza: Start by distributing an even combination of the fresh mozzarella, low moisture mozzarella, and aged cheddar cheeses directly onto the base of your dough, followed by an even sprinkle (about a handful) of grana padano. Next, add your chicken kyiv slices, followed by a drizzle of chilli garlic butter sauce.
- Bake Your Pizza:If you're using an outdoor pizza oven, launch the pizza into the oven and bake for 60-90 seconds. Keep an eye on the pie and rotate every 10-15 seconds to ensure even cooking and to avoid burning.For a home oven with a pizza steel or stone, the bake time should be around 7-10 minutes.
- Serving: Remove from oven, serve on a wooden peel or chopping board, add watercress, another drizzle of the chilli garlic butter sauce. Now it's time to enjoy your delicious chicken kyiv pizza!