Hot Pepperoni & Spinach Pizza
Today, we’re excited to present a pizza that combines the spicy kick of hot pepperoni with the fresh taste of spinach.
The hot pepperoni is well-balanced with the addition of fresh spinach, adding a touch of colour and a mild, earthy flavor. This complements the creamy textures of both fresh and low moisture mozzarella, along with the subtle and delicate taste of grana padano.
Our hot pepperoni and spinach pizza is spicy, creamy, stretchy, and delicious! It offers a blend of simple ingredients that work exceptionally well together, creating exciting flavors in every bite.
Hot Pepperoni & Spinach Pizza
- Outdoor Pizza Oven, Pizza Steel, or Stone (if using a home oven)
- 1 Pizza Peel
- 1 sauce ladle
- 1 wooden chopping board or peel for prep and serving
- Prepare Dough: Follow any of our dough recipes. You will need to prepare the dough at least 24 hours ahead of time.
- Prepare Sauce: We recommend our standard pizza sauce which is versatile, simple to make and is perfect for Neapolitan style pizzas. Spice up this sauce however you like, remember the best part about making pizza is the creative process!
- Prepare Cheese: Place your fresh mozzarella in a container or bowl with a paper towel at the bottom to allow some of the water to drain. Tear both the fresh mozzarella and low moisture mozzarella cheeses into medium-sized pieces. Finely grate grana padano. Set aside.
- Prepare Spinach: Finely chop a handful of fresh spinach leaves. Set both aside.
- Preheat Oven:If using an outdoor pizza like an Ooni pizza oven, aim for a temperature of 450-500°C at the center of your pizza stone. Use an infrared thermometer to ensure accuracy. It should take around 25-30 minutes to reach temperature.For a home oven, using a pizza steel or stone, place the stone or steel inside the oven and preheat to the highest temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare Base: On a lightly floured surface, stretch out the dough by hand according to the steps outlined in our dough recipe. Once you're happy with the shape of the base, lightly dust your pizza peel and transfer the dough onto the peel.
- Assemble Pizza: Start by spreading a ladle of sauce in a circular motion from the center outward. Distribute mozzarella pieces, ensuring they’re evenly spaced. The cheese pieces should be around 2 cm in diameter and at least 1.5 cms apart. Sprinkle a generous amount of grana padano over the pizza, add a layer of pepperoni, and finally, top it off with chopped spinach.
- Bake Your Pizza:If you're using an outdoor pizza oven, launch the pizza into the oven and bake for 60-90 seconds. Keep an eye on the pie and rotate every 10-15 seconds to ensure even cooking and to avoid burning.For a home oven with a pizza steel or stone, the bake time should be around 7-10 minutes.
- Serving: Once done, remove the pizza from the oven and place it on a serving board. Now it's time to enjoy your hot, spicy and delicious homemade pepperoni and spinach pizza!